Monday, April 18, 2011

Back in the Saddle- 4/18 through 4/24

Monday 4/18
I am sick. I have a silly cold. I get one of these every time the barometric pressure shifts too quickly, which means I get at least one every time the seasons change. It is not terrible and I can function just fine but I feel achy and miserable. I was also very busy today. I had to catch up with some work and play with my kids, and I did most of that with Jack on my hip because he is not very chipper right now either and he refused to take a nap, which is usually the only time I can find to work out.

I kept trying to use all those things as excuses to skip my run today, but my conscience and my hatred of the unmoving scale won over and I ran that blasted 5k in 34 minutes. I feel gross now, my asthma hit hard and my chest is burning. My legs are all jelloy (its a word- trust me) and my head is fuzzy and hazy. Amidst all those negative feelings, however, I feel pretty proud of myself. I pushed through and hopefully got my exercise routine back on track after last week's patheticness.

Tuesday 4/19
I did my 5K in 34 minutes. I had to take a few ten second breathers in the last mile, but I did it. My asthma wasn't as bad today, so I hope that means this cold is on its way OUT.

Wednesday 4/20
I ran the 5K in 32 minutes with a very necessary potty break in the middle. I don't feel very good right now though. I think I pushed it too hard there at the end.

Thursday- Sunday
Thursday morning I woke up with a terrible pain in my shoulder. From some hunting on the internet and Ross rubbing it we have decided that my rotator cuff is pulled and maybe torn. I have been icing it and trying to take it easy because it really hurts a lot. That means no running happened for the tail end of the week.

**Weigh In**
I started the year at 155
Last week I was at 140
This week I am at 139

I am so relieved to have gone down even with few workouts and an Easter holiday thrown in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment