Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Work-Out Record 2-07 through 2-13

Monday 2/07
I walked 1.6 miles at 4.5 mph. I slowly moved the incline up to its maximum and then back down over the course of 20 mintues, so it was like walking up and back down a large hill.

Tuesday 2/08
I ran 1 mile at 6 mph!! A 10 minute mile! My motivation was that we got home late from the grocery store, and we wanted to watch a redbox movie we had rented, but I didn't want to miss a day of working out, so I just cranked it up and asked Ross to wait 10 minutes for me. I was wheezing the rest of the night thanks to my asthma, so it probably wasn't the smartest idea, but I felt good knowing I could do it. I will go back down a few notches tomorrow.

Wednesday 2/09
I did things a bit differently today. I started out at 6 mph and then lowered the speed .1 every minute. Just so you know, this makes for an 11 minute mile, and then the next .8 miles will take another 11 minutes, but a lot of that will be walking. It was a great workout and I really felt the burn by the end. I think I will do it again tomorrow, but I will stay a bit longer on the 6 mph setting to try and get a full 2 miles in. I just needed .2 more to get it to 2 miles in 22 minutes.

Thursday 2/10
I did the same thing as yesterday, except that I stayed at the 6 mph setting for 3 minutes so I could log a full 2 miles in 22 minutes. I like the way I feel after this kind of running, so I think I will keep at it, but will up the time I spend in the higher speeds as I get stronger. I need to get back into the pushups and situps as well. I have been lazy about those lately.

Friday 2/11
I tried to run farther on the 6mph setting without kicking up my asthma by doing it in lap lengths. I alternated between 6mph and 4.5 mph at intervals of
.25 miles until I hit 1.75 miles. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I think it is because I had to focus on the distance so much so I didn't just get lost in my show and forget about the running.

Saturday 2/12
I tried the lap thing again today but I only had time to do 1.25 miles. My family and I also walked around the ward delivering new VT routes and we walked to the church and back for family photos so that comes out to about 1.25 miles as well.

Sunday 2/13
I walked 1.5 miles as 4.5mph

**Weigh In**
I started the year at 155
Last week I was at 148
This week I am at 147

Another pound down. Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment